The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all The Aleut Foundation’s fundraising including, the endowment program, annual fundraisers, planned giving, special events and campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of The Aleut Foundation.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background, but not required depending on experience.
- 5+ years minimum experience in professional fundraising, event planning or similar field.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow an endowment program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Develop and direct an annual fundraising program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Develop and direct campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with The Aleut Foundation Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about The Aleut Foundation with the community.
- Participate in staff/board development committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with TAF staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Preference will be given to shareholders and descendants of The Aleut Corporation and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e – 2(i).
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to Cynthia Lind at firstname.lastname@example.org