For Aleut shareholders and descendants who seek to further their education, career and cultural connectedness, The Aleut Foundation offers programs that fund education, training and cultural enrichment to support the enhancement of their lives. The Aleut Foundation provides convenient access to the networks and resources necessary for shareholders and descendants to achieve their hopes and dreams.
The Aleut Foundation has a mission to support the economic and social needs of the Aleut people with scholarships for post-secondary education, career development and burial assistance for shareholders and descendants of The Aleut Corporation (TAC).
We serve the original enrollees of TAC and their descendants, as well as the beneficiaries and descendants of the Aleutian Pribilof Islands Restitution Trust.
The Aleut Foundation is a private foundation under Section 509(a)(2) and is exempt from Federal and State income taxes under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Our Mission – Enhancing the life and culture of the Aleut people.
- Our Core Purpose – Funding education for the Aleut people.
- Our Core Values –
- Cultural Identity – way of being, cultural knowledge, respect, humor, history
- Perseverance – strong, overcoming, achievement, keep going
- Stewardship – to donors, to community, greater good, facilitate, helping, accountability, integrity, hand-in-hand
- Knowledge – education, key to the future
- Unangan Ataqan akun – we are one, keeping the connection, unity, pride, collaboration, community