Scholarship Guidelines and Information
- Where can I find The Aleut Foundation’s Scholarship Guidelines and Information?
- How do I apply for The Aleut Foundation Scholarships?
- Start by either creating an account or logging in here. We have some instructions on this PDF to help walk you through the application process!
Shareholder and Descendant Verification Letters
- How do I get a Shareholder or Descendant Verification letter?
- Registered Shareholders and Descendants can log in to their Aleut Corporation Portal to get their letter: https://portal.aleutcorp.com/home. See the screenshots below for detailed instructions.
- If your letter isn’t on your Shareholder Portal, please contact: email@example.com. They will be able to send you a copy of your letter and help get you registered as a Descendant if need be.
- What do the verification letters look like?
- The letter will be on The Aleut Corporation’s letterhead, will state your status within The Aleut Corporation, and be signed by an individual in the Shareholder Department.
SHAREHOLDERS: to access your SHAREHOLDER VERIFICATION letter please follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Shareholders: to access your SHAREHOLDER VERIFICATION letter, log in to your TAC shareholder portal at https://portal.aleutcorp.com/home
2. Shareholders: click on FORMS.
3. Shareholders: click on GENERATE.
If you have any issues with the TAC shareholder portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
The Aleutian Pribilof Island Restitution Trust (APIRT)
- What is APIRT?
- The Aleutian Pribilof Island Restitution Trust provides funding every year to The Aleut Foundation. This trust provides funding to Aleuts and their descendants who were relocated from Akutan, Atka, Nikolski, St. George, St. Paul, Unalaska or Attu to an internment camp or other temporary facility or location during World War II.
- How do I find out if I’m eligible for Aleut Foundation scholarships through APIRT?
- If you, your parents, grandparents or great grandparents were relocated from these islands during World War II, you might be a beneficiary or descendant of the Aleutian Pribilof Island Restitution Trust. Check with email@example.com to determine if you are.
- Please note that most beneficiaries of APIRT are also Shareholders or Descendants of The Aleut Corporation. It may be simpler to contact The Aleut Corporation to qualify for our scholarship programs, and we recommend you start with them.