MAKE YOUR DONATION TODAY
The Aleut Foundation is on a mission to create hope and fulfill dreams for our people. We provide programs that fund education, training and culture in support of enhancing the life and culture of the Aleut people.
Many scholarship recipients have graduated and returned to their communities as lawyers, teachers, nurses, accountants, business managers, pilots, engineers, welders, electricians and heavy equipment operators – just to name a few.
Since 1987, The Aleut Foundation has provided $5.6 million to the shareholders and descendants of The Aleut Corporation (TAC) for postsecondary education and training. Without the support of TAC, the Aleutian Pribilof Islands Restitution Trust and individual donors, the success stories of our scholarship recipients wouldn’t be possible.
Donations are vital to the success of The Aleut Foundation and without the very generous support of individuals, corporations and businesses, we would not be able to help TAC shareholders and descendants who seek to further their education, career and cultural connectedness.
- A donor’s gift benefits both The Aleut Foundation and the donor. It provides important educational financial assistance for TAC shareholders and descendants who are enrolled in a variety of accredited institutions of learning.
- Donations also allow The Aleut Foundation to be financially self-reliant upon its own endowment earnings and private charitable contributions, instead of depending upon the uncertainties of government funding.
- For the donor, there is the satisfaction of making a gift to an ongoing and worthwhile educational program that assists many people in achieving life-changing goals through education. This investment in the future of TAC shareholders and descendants is a tangible display of devotion to the enrichment of our people.
- Contributions can be made in honor of a relative or friend, or to remember someone special who has passed away. They can also commemorate a special event in the life of the donor’s family.
- The Aleut Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, so all donations are tax deductible.